It Is a ruthless industry: Jacqueline Fernandez

While there are strong rumours that hot Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez and Bollywood director Sajid Khan are going around and that some people on the sets of `Housefull 2` even refer Jacqueline as bhabi, Jacqueline (amidst giggles) did confirm that first time in her life she was called bhabhi.

It Is a ruthless industry: Jacqueline Fernandez

But she chose not to talk any further. "I am not comfortable talking about my personal life. I come from a different mindset and I don't like talking about certain aspects of my life. I need to maintain that. And I respect Sajid Khan," says Jacqueline basking in the glory of the stupendous success of her recent release Murder 2, with Emraan Hashmi.

With her very first solo hit, Jacqueline says that she has always understood the importance of having a hit, "but now it is clarified and confirmed that only if you give a hit and your films do well that you are in demand," she says. "My first two films didn't do well. And I am thankful to Bhattsaab who saw something in me when everyone else didn't," adds Jacqueline, who believes that Murder 2 is a big brand, a big movie and a huge franchise. "Because the original was a big hit, because what it did to Mallika..nobody is denying that it is a huge franchise. I couldn't have asked for anything more," she says.

But would having a godfather helped her climb the ladder faster? "Having a godfather definitely helps the way people perceive you, it leads to better things, then people don't bully you. But if you do it on your own it is a sweeter victory," she says.

While there have been umpteen number of stories and debates of who would wear bikini and who would not in Sajid Khan's Housefull 2, Jacqueline confirmed that no actress in Housefull 2 will be seen in a bikini. "Housefull 2 is going into a completely different zone. You won't see any actress from the film in a bikini. It is very family oriented," she said.

With a hit in her kitty, looks like Jacqueline is now taking a more serious approach towards her career and understanding the functioning of the industry in more clear terms. "When you are here for a while you gather a sense of maturity, you start understanding the professional bit. When I first came here it was all fun, laugh and giggles. Everybody was your friend. Later on you realise it is profession, it is business, people make money, people have transactions to make, we have to stick to that and be professional. If you think we are all friends, lets all party, let's be bumchums, it doesn't happen that way for sure," she explains.

And Jacqueline, who doesn't have a single friend from the industry, looks like has already tasted the ruthless side of Bollywood. "It is a ruthless industry. You don't know who is your friend and for what reasons. Therefore I find it very difficult having friendship with people I am working with. I have a great time going out with co-workers but I don't confide to anyone from the industry. At the end of the day they are my competition, so it is very difficult to confide in them. I don't expect them to become my friends and confide in me, too. They have a job to do as well," says Jacqueline.

So how does it feel coming home to an empty space? "I am not alone, I have my cats(giggles). Then I have my parents who come often. But I am very happy coming home to an empty house because I have met enough people outside, talked and talked and talked. Then I want a quiet place where I can relax and do what I want," she says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment